Did you know that over 1,200 bikes are stolen every day in the UK? The Metropolitan Police Safer Neighborhood Warwick Ward team are running a bike marking scheme as part of their crackdown on cycle theft in the Capital.
The event takes place at Queens Mothers Sports Centre, Vauxhall Bridge Road, SW1 between 10am and 2pm on Saturday 1st August 2009. Bike marking is free for all. Everyone who has their bike marked will receive a voucher entitling them up to 15% off locks and security products at Evans Cycles.
TOP SECURITY TIPS:
Losing your bike to a thief is frustrating, inconvenient and will put an unplanned dent into the wallet. Here are our top tips for keeping your bike secure
- Always lock your bike; no matter how quick your stop
- Always fill the shackle or cable – any slack can be exploited
- Make the lock mechanism hard to get to – a theif wants to work quickly and will move onto an easier target
- Always leave you bike in plain sight
- Take any item with you that can be removed from the handlebars such as lights and a computer