Design Responses > About Parking Facilities > Case Studies >
Lloyds of London Building
An underground private (concept) bike parking facility. It's a collaboration between Lock It Safe and Hodson Architects who proposed the structure of a concrete pad foundation resting on top of the basement.
Parking is provided for up to 84 bicycles. Access is via the swipe card system, that controls access to the compound. Parking furniture comprises space saver racks. The facility is not staffed. Users can park as long as they wish, but the facility is typically intended to serve a working day, 7-9 hours.
Lloyds Group Plc. (not yet built at time of writing.)
Designer / Architect
Cost of provision
• High secure cycle parking for office users
• Good maintenance
• Swipe card system which offers good access control
• Visible from outside (transparent panels)
• High initial outlay cost + ongoing cost due to maintenance and swipe card system
• Not clear if there is an option for visitors
• With the target service life, IT system will need to be flexible enough to change over this period